Monday 18 February 2013

My Favourite Ads of the Moment

Happy Fashion Week everyone!
To celebrate I thought I would show you all some of my favourite marketing ads and campaigns of the moment.

-The first is the Tommy Hilfiger S/S '13 advert...it's a great piece of lifestyle branding advertising with a really summery vibe! Anyone who knows me also knows how much I love advert music and the song on this "Do My Thing - Estelle ft. Janelle Monae" has had me dancing about all month! Watch it below!



 -Another favourite is the Marc Jacobs Dot perfume ad. I first saw this in this months Company magazine. I really like how they've used a transparent polka dot overlay layer to make the ad that little bit more textural. It's a pretty expensive looking ad! I love the ladybird style spots and circular motives!




 -Another great campaign...although not new this Prada short film is great and features Helena Bonham-Carter and Ben Kingsley! Two amazing actors! It's only about 3 mins long, watch it until the end to get the real message...



 -In terms of the high street I really love the colours and styling on this River Island spread that I first saw in Elle. Recently I've been getting back into drawing and painting and this one caught my eye so much that I even ended up doing my own copy!
139357-800w

It's not great, but I do enjoy using watercolours!

 -Another great campaign that I've only just discovered is the Miu Miu short films that they release every season. This film is the fifth in the series which is called "The Women". It's very beautifully shot and really showcases the clothes well.



 -The last ad that I wanted to share with you all was this Valentino one from this month's issue of Elle! What I like about it is how simple it is. Lots of white space, greyscale images in boxes, the blurry, unfocused quality of the images which give it a lot of movement...even though confined to a space! Very cool stuff. Plus it features "those shoes" and a studded transparent cape! What more could you want?


I think at the end of this week I'll do a London Fashion Week review of my favourite shows and highlights. I hope you're all enjoying it! Let me know what ads and fashion shows you're loving at the moment! I'd love to hear!
x

No comments:

Post a Comment